Skip to main content

The Rule of Exception

Hey! I know that it's been awhile since I last posted a blog, I just got crazy busy with the new job and well... I mostly spend my Saturdays with friends and my Sundays in bed, in short, I'm basically still trying to get used to having a job.

Anyway, today I wanna talk about something my cousin and I talked about during one of our tequila sessions; The Rule of Exception (is what I like to call it).

So what is this “Rule of Exception” See this is when a heterosexual individual gets attracted, either physically or sexually, or simply gets involved with a homosexual individual or another heterosexual individual and vice versa.

When I was in high school my girlfriend at that time sent me a link to a Youtube video of a lesbian couple discussing all types of lesbians, I wish I remembered what all of them were, and who that couple was, but the only term that struck me the most is what they called Exception. They defined Exception as someone who's straight who happened to be in an intimate (or sexual) relationship with a lesbian, it’s called exception for obvious reasons, the lesbian in the relationship is the so called “exception to the rule,” in other words, she’s the one and only lesbian person her partner’s ever going to date.

During those moments, while watching my girlfriend and I watch the video, I got myself thinking if I was that exception to my girlfriend, she confirmed that thought by saying that she don’t see herself having another relationship with a girl. Which she  eventually took back after a few years when she had a relationship with a girl she met on Tumblr.

The Rule of Exception is real, I've seen it countless times with my closest friends, and even by personal experience, that's why back in college I was tagged as a Gender Bender, for reasons I won't elaborate on this post. Truth is, it is common for people to experience this especially during the stage of Identity Crisis.

So yeah, The Rule of Exception. I’m guessing this information would confuse straight people more, but it doesn’t make it any less true, it's just important to understand where people stand, understand the types of relationships they're in and why they're in one. We have to avoid immediate assumptions, we can’t just call someone bisexual or gay or lesbian, just because of who they date, it’s important to ask nicely for you to be able to comprehend it well.

In conclusion, the only thing you really must remember is that love is love, in whatever form, race, gender, and you know the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Gratification vs. Delayed Gratification

The first day I stared at this particular blank page with this particular topic was around September of 2018. I learned about instant gratification and delayed gratification when I was in college and it followed me from there. I don't really remember what my former professor was discussing at the time, but the words delayed  and gratification  stuck to me like a leech. I realized then and there how most of us in the  millennial  generation is all about instant gratification. But being part of this generation, I do understand why... given all the technology available for us to use. Then again, I sometimes wish I wasn't given much luxury growing up. No, my family is not well off, not then, and not now. But like many middle-class families, we get to taste a few luxuries every now and then. Meaning, I was never deprived of anything, and though I never got the latest phones or tablets, I never felt like I was missing out. What I'm trying to say is that I wish I was born...

Underrated Music Playlist

There are millions of great music from different artists and genres. Granted that everyone has a different taste when it comes to music, there are still many great songs that have remained so underrated that most of them don't even appear on Spotify or Apple music. Now, I know what you're thinking, these songs are probably by unknown artists. You're not wrong, what I am about to list down may have been written by artists you've never heard before. But there will be some that are written and performed by popular artists today. Before I gave you the list, I  just want to share why I thought about blogging about this. You see, right now, I'm at work and had just finished my day's quota. I was searching on Apple music for some old songs that I loved listening to growing up and I got extremely disappointed not finding a thing. I ended up listening on Youtube using my work PC instead. Anyway, without further ado here's my  Underrated Music Playlist . (p.s. mos...

Home

I'm home! I never really left, but for the first time in a long time, I was reminded again of how it felt like to be home. I still remember the first time we had a real physical encounter. It was one of those days when I didn't know why I was there but I was. She was beautiful and we had a great time, me, her and a few other people. I would've "made a move" if I hadn't embarrassed myself by getting way too drunk, but then again, I have always been a believer of timing, and I know that whatever happened, happened for a reason. After a year, I purposely made our paths cross again not knowing where it would lead me. The timing? It was perfect because after many years I finally got rid of all my baggage from my past. It was that point in my life where I knew I've truly moved on from every bit of pain. I learned how to accept myself better, I realized my actual worth and I've finally convinced myself that I deserved more than what I had to go throug...