Skip to main content

To Unlove — The Impossible

For most, whenever they get their hearts broken, they would often think that the only way to move on is to forget and to unlove. Personally, I do not believe in the concept of "unloving" someone. I've always been a firm believer that if you were able to unlove someone, it means you never truly loved them. Love transforms in different ways and can be found in different forms. You can definitely move on, but if love is real, you can never unlove. 

Think about it for a moment. Think about the person you were in love with, someone you thought you'd spend the rest of your life with but ended up crying over. Were you really able to unlove them? Or did your love changed its form from romantic love to affectionate love or selfless love?

What I learned about moving on is that they key to it is acceptance. We accept the reality that we fought the love we thought we deserved but it just wasn't meant for us. The memories will never disappear. It will come every now and then when we feel lonely, nostalgic, or sometimes even when we're happy. 

There's a difference between being in love and well... love. 

I have been asked a few times if I still love her. The answer is yes. I will always love her. But I have accepted the fact that I won't be spending the rest of my life with her. I understand that the we're meant for different people, meant to do different things and I am okay with it now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

You can hear a quote a million times in a single lifetime but not truly understand what it means until you've finished an entire bottle of wine, and it hits you. Just like that. It's probably the wine over exaggerating everything right now, but at this point, who cares?  My sister was watching the Perks of Being a Wallflower on Netflix while I was busy talking to someone I met online. So, I was on a video chat with this girl who happened to be too occupied to have a decent conversation with me. It was a random moment when I heard Paul Rudd say "we accept the love, we think we deserve." I didn't even know that quote came from that book, I literally had to search it on google just to make sure.  So anyway, it was at that moment that I realized what the quote meant for me. You see, I recently went through a break up that I never thought I could ever get over. I'm not saying I'm over it a hundred percent, but I am better, and I know that I'm doing bette

PILI PELIKULA: Last Night (Spoilers Ahead)

Hauntingly Beautiful  - this is how I would describe Bb. Joyce Bernal's film,  Last Night , starring Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga. I won't say it's perfect but in most aspects, it had the perfect elements to create something unconventional for Philippine cinema and its audience. The moment I saw the trailer I was instantly hooked and intrigued, and yes, it took me a while before I was finally able to watch the film, but since its first week I've already started hearing comments about it: On my side of the wall (newsfeed) most of what I read are positive reviews, but I guess it's because many of my friends are movie buffs so their views would be a little bit similar to mine. On the other hand, the other side of the wall seem to have heard a lot of bad reviews. I only got to read full blown reviews after watching the film because I was trying to avoid spoilers. So without further ado, here's every bit of thought I had about the film: First of all, the m